Saturday, June 07, 2008

She's My Angel

"You're going to need sneakers for walking."

"But these are commmmfterble!"
"Ok. But I'm not carrying you back up the hill if your feet hurt."
"It's hot. Leave your door open so you can get a breeze."
"Nooooo. The cat will get in and walk all around my head and I won't be able to sleep."
"You won't be able to sleep because it will be too hot in here."

"A, it's 6:30. What are you doing up?"
"Once I wake up I can't get back to sleep."
"Try."
"I'm going to go wait in the car."
"We're not ready yet. Stay in here where it's cooler."
"Mom, we played outside all day and it was hot and we were fine."
So far this weekend we have managed to agree on one thing, and that's the fact that "She's My Angel", a tune by the Dixie Bee Liners, is pretty darn cute. You can hear the whole thing here.

Catch the buzz at a show near you when you get a chance. Meanwhile, I'm going to rest up because there's another day ahead with my angel tomorrow. And hopefully another, and another.
2006 photo by My Boring Best

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home