Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Too Many

I know I said I wasn't going to post any more this week as I get ready to head to Nashville, but I wanted to throw this song out there to all four or five of my faithful fans, because we've all been through "too many." Come to think of it, some of us have been together when we've had a few "too many." But whether we're slurping an adult beverage or enjoying coffee, I sure am glad for the friends and family I got. I like the way we cheer each other on, even in this little virtual world.

Today on Capitol Hill, five oil execs stood before Congress and testified that there wasn't a thing wrong with the price of oil, and that they're just all "hapless victims" of...of, well, some bullshit about the imaginary supply issue. Three of these bastards make in the millions; the other two couldn't even tell the committee how the hell much money they make. Shitfire, Bubba, I sure do wish I made so much money I didn't have to pay attention!

So, three plus two, that's five too many oil execs.

Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy one called "Too Many," by the talented Ms. Donna Hughes, who's a fine songwriter, classically trained pianist, and a singer who can assemble a pretty fine lineup to back her up.

Enjoy the holiday weekend. That's one thing none of us get too many of.

Too Many

6 Comments:

At May 22, 2008 12:06 AM, Blogger Kelley Grant-Kelley said...

Poor, poor rich oil boys. Wish I were a million dollar victim!

Make wonderful memories in Nashville. The mr. and I will be heading to the Great Smoky Mountains N.P. in another week and a half for a family get together of our own.

 
At May 22, 2008 7:06 AM, Blogger Mando Mama said...

Oh man, me too! Geez, can ya FEEL the PAIN?! Bootie hoo hoo. At my Circle K this morning, the per gallon donation to the Rich Boys Fund was $3.93. I got mine the other day for a bargain at $3.74. What a steal!

Ooh, you're off to the mountains! Not taking a laptop, I hope! Enjoy--summer is nearly here!

MM

 
At May 22, 2008 8:29 AM, Blogger DrDon said...

Worse than that, the oil execs said they were being "squeezed" too. Maybe they haven't looked at last quarter's profit statements. Again, that's PROFIT, not gross revenues.

Doesn't matter. This is all a show for the dumbass American public. Every so often they trot these guys up to Capitol Hill so a few congressmen can look like they're really giving 'em hell. Looks good for the folks back home. Then these same congressmen and the oil execs they just yelled at go out for $100 steaks, $20 cocktails, and cuban cigars that evening. It's absolute phony bullshit.

 
At May 22, 2008 10:33 AM, Blogger Blueberry said...

Have a great time!

I will be close to the homestead - savin' gas.

 
At May 23, 2008 10:44 PM, Blogger Piepiepie said...

Love the post--you rock. I hope you're having a great time on your trip.

 
At May 26, 2008 8:02 AM, Blogger Mando Mama said...

Don, you're all too right again. I like Blueberry's solution. Drive as little as possible. Less and less and less. Of course, that's not possible for folks taking the bus, which is getting more expensive. These guys really don't have a clue.

Nashville was fun, and sunny, and warm. We get a day off in Ohio and it's dark and rainy. Oh well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home