Sunday, May 27, 2007

Ripple Effect

There should be more days like this, when the to-do list gets tossed and time is spent with friends.

This afternoon I had the chance to do just that. I sat by the lake with a good friend, watching and listening to the waves, watching families play in the sand, watching boats go by, and talking about music and life and everything in between. These kinds of unplanned "breaks" cause a little ripple effect, helping us to chill out, touch base, regain perspective.

We all have our little rough patches in life, and having friends that walk and talk with us now and then is sometimes all that we need. I'm glad for the folks who are there for me, and glad to be there for folks who need someone to listen, walk, watch the ripples, or sometimes, be the one to toss the pebble in the otherwise still waters.


by Robert Hunter


If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine
And my tunes were played on the harp unstrung,
Would you hear my voice come thru the music,
Would you hold it near as it were your own?

Its a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken,
Perhaps they're better left unsung.
I dont know, dont really care
Let there be songs to fill the air.

Ripple in still water,
When there is no pebble tossed,
Nor wind to blow.
Reach out your hand if your cup be empty,
If your cup is full may it be again,
Let it be known there is a fountain,
That was not made by the hands of men.

There is a road, no simple highway,
Between the dawn and the dark of night,
And if you go no one may follow,
That path is for your steps alone.

Ripple in still water,
When there is no pebble tossed,
Nor wind to blow.

But if you fall you fall alone,
If you should stand then who's to guide you?
If I knew the way I would take you home.


Lalaladada....



6 Comments:

At May 28, 2007 2:44 PM, Blogger Shameless Agitator said...

For various reasons, I’ve had to go under the radar for a while. Please email me for the password if you'd like to keep reading.

webmasterATshamelessagitatorDOTcom

 
At May 28, 2007 4:51 PM, Blogger Mando Mama said...

Hey Shameless,
Can't blame you! Have to say I've been tempted to confront at least one regular myself, but if it's not worth the energy for that person to take the time to leave a comment, I figure it's even less worth my energy to bother.

Hey, we hope you like what you read. But if you're looking for a thrill, you've got the wrong blog.

We have sitemeter for a reason, people.

MM

 
At May 29, 2007 8:24 AM, Blogger Shameless Agitator said...

Yes, Mando. I have sitemeter, statcounter, and more. Heck, I can drill down in the data so far that I can almost find addresses!

It does feel good to respond in a nonconfrontational way.

Thanks for the support!

Love,
Shameless

 
At May 29, 2007 8:49 AM, Blogger Mando Mama said...

You're welcome.

Blogging presents a conundrum. On one hand, it's quite public, and there is relatively little one can do to predict why people visit (other than observing the search terms from referring URLs) or to prevent them from visiting. If you have to get to the point of preventing certain people from visiting, it's a shame, really.

I'm always fascinated by the reasons people come. The others, folks who visit and never say anything either to me or via a comment, I just have to let them be. If spying on my life is the best they can do with their bonus free time, well, says more about them than me, I guess.

 
At May 29, 2007 9:45 AM, Blogger Mando Mama said...

I should clarify, I'm speaking about the folks I know in the real world, who have been part of my personal life, not folks who visit for one reason or another but who don't know me. Most of my pals who visit mention something to me about it once in a while, and most of them aren't there because it's about music but just like the way I write or whatever. That's cool with me. But your situation is different: you are being "monitored", which is a decidedly unfriendly act by someone who once considered himself or herself to be your friend. I've been in that situation and it's a real downer. But I guess it is a risk of participating in the blogosphere.

 
At June 03, 2007 1:16 PM, Blogger Zoooma said...

On a side note here... beautiful song, Ripple!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home