Friday, May 18, 2007

Nothin' but Time

There is a mystery delivery waiting for me at my local post office. It requires my signature. I don't think it's lottery winnings.

I'm an ordinary person. I get up, go to work, work some more, take care of my kids, maybe get to the occasional concert here and there, play tunes with a friend or two now and then. My car has 120,000 miles on it. I'm not running for president. I didn't send anyone to war. I paid all my taxes. I almost have enough saved for the new windows my place needs.

So, what could possibly be in the envelope on the other side of town?

I guess I just have to wait until tomorrow to find out.

Just a big wall of time.

This is one of my favorite Bill Monroe tunes sung by some of my favorite people. I'm enjoying it while I still can, and hope you will too.

Wherever you are, enjoy all you have--your children, your lover, your kitchen, your cozy beds, whatever critters live with you, your work, your garden, your favorite things to do.

Your life.

4 Comments:

At May 19, 2007 9:05 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

The last letter I had to get from the post office cost me 300.00 bucks (and I locked myself out of my house in the process of going to get it) but perhaps just once yours is OK news.

 
At May 19, 2007 2:07 PM, Blogger Mando Mama said...

I should post an update. Turns out it was some condo association thing. OyVEH I was relieved. So it is some kind of something I have to pass on to the next person. I suppose I'll read it when I recover from the excitement.

 
At May 21, 2007 8:43 AM, Blogger Blueberry said...

The Greencards do that song too, so I just heard it yesterday. They do a fine job on it too.

 
At May 21, 2007 8:33 PM, Blogger Mando Mama said...

My favorite "doer" (!? lol--long day) of this tune is Peter Rowan. I just love Pete's singing, and this tune really suits him, his voice...something. I would love to hear the Greencards, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home