Saturday, May 26, 2007

After the Party's Over

It's nearly 2:30 in the morning. I just spend an invigorating evening with folks from the family enterprise I work for, enjoying the opening night of the last play of the season at Cleveland's Karamu House, the oldest professional black theatre in the country. The play was "King Headley II" by the late August Wilson. It was superb.

Afterwards a large group gathered at Nighttown to celebrate.

At some point in the course of the three-hour heady and intense play, I thought back briefly to That Last One who, this time a year ago, I hadn't even met. Now, it's like we never did, except for a lesson or two I learned.

I'm hoping that's what it will be like when we're all done suffering through this nightmare we call The Bush Fadministration. Like, it never happend except for the things we learned.

This tune and vid by the Indigo Girls sums it up pretty well. I posted the tune on the blog a while back. It's beautiful and has become one of my faves, but I must say I love seeing this tongue in cheek video representation.

Enjoy your Holiday Weekend. I hope it's as memorable as mine has already been.

2 Comments:

At May 26, 2007 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, Nighttown... Love that place. Have you had the Guiness Lamb Stew?

 
At May 26, 2007 6:22 PM, Blogger Mando Mama said...

Hi Fearless!

Great to hear from you! No lamb stew, but I did sample from the continuous flowing trays of goodies and great conversation.

Is everybody out your way ready for summer? I ALMOST pulled up wheels to catch Mountain Heart tonight in Ann Arbor. They are recording a live show. That Adam Steffey is such a show off but I love him.

MM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home