Saturday, July 21, 2007

Reeling? Get your Jig On at the Cleveland Irish Cultural Festival

My son and I spent the evening with some friends from out of town at the Cleveland Irish Cultural Festival (www.clevelandirish.org). I hadn't been paying much attention this year until I learned that Liz Carroll and John Doyle were playing this year. So since Son of Mando has been spending a lot of time at camp or away on vacation when he'd otherwise be hanging out with me, I thought it a good opportunity to catch up.

We met up with our friends talking with Liz, and got ourselves a seat at the Harp Stage. Within minutes we were transfixed by Liz'a extraordinary fiddle playing and John's energizing guitar. John did sing a couple of tunes as well, one a favorite of mine from a recent album. Add these musicians' sense of humor, and the whole set was a joy. Well, except that my arms were tired after watching Liz and John -- and I don't think it was the tetanus booster I got that morning!

So if you need something to lift your spirits and put a little jig back in your step, I highly recommend heading over to the Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds in Berea this Saturday or Sunday to catch John and Liz, Eileen Ivers, Cherish the Ladies, the Prodigals, and many more.

2 Comments:

At July 22, 2007 3:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you go Lord of the Ring-a-ding-dinging?

Hmmn, let's see -what did ya miss? How about Liz Carroll, Eileen Ivers, Joanie Madden, Maura O'Connell ( and Cherish the Ladies)

On the same stage.

 
At July 22, 2007 7:40 AM, Blogger Mando Mama said...

Hey Fearless, I did indeed head to Blossom, sounds like I missed quite an all-girls jammish.

How was dinner?

I may head back over this afternoon depending on how the morning goes. LOTR symphony was great, and Shore a terrific conductor, but man, you think the books and the movies were long? lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home