Monday, July 16, 2007

Make A Beeline for the Buzz!

Have you heard the buzz? The Dixie Bee-Liners, out of Virginia, just signed with Pinecastle Records, and everyone is glowing. Or, should I say, buzzing?

This engaging band, which was actually born in New York City, introduced themselves over on myspace, and I've been buzzing ever since. One listen and I'm guessing you will be too. They are Brandi Hart on rhythm guitar, nashville guitar, dulcimer & vocals; Buddy Woodward on mando, guitar, banjo, bass, drums & vocals; Rachel Renee Johnson on fiddle and vocals; Claiborne Goodall on lead guitar and vocals, Sam Morrow on banjo and Jeremy Darrow on upright bass. These fine musicians join Pinecastle lineup of seasoned talent that includes John Cowan, Larry Stephenson, and Special Consensus.


I love their unique sound, their musicianship, and their spirit. It seems that, not long ago, I was whining on here about the future of bluegrass. Just in the last week, I've been introduced to some mighty talents and I no longer have that worry. There are young tradition bearers, new mavericks, and lots of musicians that fall somewhere in between. All of them that make it to this blog have something wonderful to offer you, and to offer to the future.

The Bee-Liners are still mounting their various MP3s so the very best way to hear them is to buy their new cd, or for now, their old cd! Well, ok, in the meantime, head on over to their MySpace page and check out some of the tracks (my favorite is the current tune on my own MySpace page). They're all good and frankly, irresistible.

I must sadly remove myself off to my chamber for the night. I have about 400 pages to finish in Order of the Phoenix before I can take the kids to see the movie Thursday night. I'm thinking we ought to name the Dixie Bee-Liners Fan club, "Order of the Buzz." Kinda catchy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home