Monday, December 19, 2005

Going for Merry

Even though it's one of my favorite seasons of the year, so many things are swirling out of control, from the way the leader of the free world is behaving, to a few crises coming home to my own family, I couldn't do them all justice right now.

But tonight I baked a few cookies, wrote out a few cards, and tried to remember, Christmas time really is coming.

That's it, for now, along with this song from Bill Monroe.


Christmas Time Is Coming by Bill Monroe

Snowflakes a-falling, my old home is calling
Tall pines are humming
Christmas time is coming.

Can't you hear them bells ringin' ringin'
Joy to all hear them singin'
Let it snow and I'll be going
Back to my country home

Christmas times a' coming
Christmas times a' coming
Christmas times a' coming and I know I'm going home.

Holly's in the window
Home where the wind blows
Can't walk for running
Christmas time is coming.


Home fires burning
My heart's yearning
For the folks at home when Christmas time is coming.

Can't you hear them bells ringin' ringin'
Joy to all hear them singin'
Let it snow and I'll be going
Back to my country home


Christmas times a' coming
Christmas times a' coming
Christmas times a' coming and I know I'm going home.

3 Comments:

At December 20, 2005 1:26 AM, Blogger My Boring Best said...

Where do you find these pictures?! They always crack me up. I know the people are really great, along with their music, but the pics crack me up!

Maybe it's just me. I have a slight problem.

 
At December 20, 2005 6:40 AM, Blogger Mando Mama said...

That's an old photo of Monroe. Actually, my favorite Monroe picture was taken by that Gambler, Kenny Rogers, of Monroe in much advanced years. It hangs in a gallery at the Ryman.

You don't have a problem, Jim. I think I've just gotten used to the whole bluegrass culture. It's certainly a mixed bag, especially where politics and religion are concerned. I can see why it might make you a little nervous.

 
At December 21, 2005 2:52 PM, Blogger Miladysa said...

Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home