Thursday, December 08, 2005

Can't Imagine.

I can't imagine that it was 25 years ago today that John Lennon was murdered.

I can't imagine what it would have felt like to have four bullets pumped into my chest by a lunatic.

I can't imagine what Yoko went through to let go that night.

I can't imagine telling my kids their dad has been murdered.

I can't imagine not having heard my mother sing to every Beatles song that came on the radio. ("Turn it up, Dad, we can still hear Mom.")

I can't imagine having gone down the path I did without the influence of the Beatles.

I can't imagine a world without the music of John Lennon. I just can't.

Can you?

5 Comments:

At December 08, 2005 7:49 AM, Blogger My Boring Best said...

Nice posting.

I agree that it's all very sad. John Lennon was a true talent.

For the record, I loathe Yoko.

:-)

j

 
At December 08, 2005 9:53 AM, Blogger Mando Mama said...

Yeah, I know you do. Even though I can't quite take some of her stuff, either, I admire her enormous strength. I see her as an everyday person who lost that one true love, her other half, way too soon and in a violent and undeserved manner to boot. It was a genuine tragedy. She and John Lennon didn't just keep their love to themselves but put it to work for something bigger than that. That's how I imagine it should be.

 
At December 09, 2005 11:21 AM, Blogger Miladysa said...

I can't imagine either. His music has always been a part of my life and is timeless.

 
At December 10, 2005 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there! Saw that you stopped by. Glad you did!
I agree... It's amazing that it's been so long since he was killed. The world truely lost a good man on that day...

 
At December 11, 2005 1:41 AM, Blogger Blondie... said...

Very wonderful post. I truly loved so much about his life. I think he got a bit funkier with Yoko Ono but you're right...how could you let go of your partner having their life snuffed out so quickly?? And to tell my baby...even if I don't like his father...I couldn't imagine looking in his wee little eyes and telling him Daddy was gone.

Lennon was a cornerstone in the music we enjoy today.

*whispering* I have all the beatles albums...shhhhh

hehe

xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home