Wednesday, July 01, 2009

By and By

Halleluia the kids and I are getting the hell out of town. there are about a hundred and one things that have been on my mind that I've been wanting to write about, but there just hasn't been the time. So much seems to be going on. But just because I'm trapped in the hamster ball doesn't mean I'm not paying attention, no siree.

Meanwhile this weekend brings a long awaited and very badly needed visit with my dear sister and her family along with some of my best friends, my extended family, people so special to me it's like having an extra couple of siblings. When I get to worrying about things and start to complain I stop and count the blessings in my life. The people I'll be hanging out with this weekend are in the top six.

I miss writing. I miss taking a part a subject that matters, or that matters to me. I miss introducing people to music and artists. But I'll get back around to that. I even picked a bit with my brother and another guy from his band last weekend. Meanwhile it's get through each week and try to enjoy what's around us all. This song goes well with that, It's really right now about the by and by. We all need to let it go and just do what we can each day to get to the next day. By and by, as it were. No drama, just living.

Have a happy Fourth. I'll be celebrating my independence and wishing America a better birthday next year.

2 Comments:

At July 02, 2009 7:13 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Happy fourth Mando Mama

I'm a new sporadic blogger and even newer banjo player. I'm happy to have stumbled on your blog and hope to learn more about the music you love (I grew up with Country Western, was classically trained but am drifting back to my roots....). The hamster wheel does keep us busy but know that your writing will be appreciated when you get to it.

 
At July 07, 2009 6:14 AM, Blogger Mando Mama said...

Hello Maggie and thanks much for stopping by! The blogosphere welcomes you and your thoughtful voice. How wonderful to be taking up the banjo! I probably would have been better off with five strings than eight, but at least it gives my hands something to do while the brain unpacks a weary day. Enjoy the time with your blog AND your instrument, both good for the soul. Looking forward to exploring your blog further.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home