Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Infamous Stringdusters - Rivers

Wow, where have I BEEN? Just found out these favorites of mine are playing TONIGHT at THE WATERLOO CAFE, up near the Beachland Ballroom, in Cleveland. Show time 8 p.m., only ten bucks. That's recession-friendly bluegrass.

Just a couple weeks ago I felt a little down having drifted away from music as I've been on the hamster wheel or waiting for the other shoe to drop. I've already called off my IBMA trip this year in favor of a couple badly needed new appliances. But yesterday morning early, before I went to work, I answered the call of my mando and pulled it out to pick a little while before it was time to go. It's time to get back on that, and to take a look around to appreciate all that's happening right here in Ohio. More could be happening if I put my mind to it. Ohio's got plenty of bluegrass and bluegrass fans. It's going to be fun getting around and meeting more of them, and maybe pickin' a little this summer.

This is a tune I can appreciate. I grew up in the Valley by the River, so to speak, and I guess it makes sense that I can't get enough of this music. Be sure to see these guys when they come to a waterin' hole near you.

3 Comments:

At May 20, 2009 11:31 AM, Blogger Blueberry said...

isn't that a wild-looking venue? Bluegrass Underground - literally.

 
At May 20, 2009 9:35 PM, Blogger Mando Mama said...

Yeah, you know, I didn't notice that until you mentioned it! Spooky. And Jesse Cob has hair! Also spooky. Turns out Jesse is the brother of Shad Cobb who is touring with John Cowan. I had a Cobb on either end of the week! Hm. That makes my life sound way more exciting than it actually is.

 
At May 22, 2009 10:22 AM, Blogger Blueberry said...

Check it out:
http://bluegrassunderground.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home