Monday, May 04, 2009

First Dragonfly

Yesterday I saw a dragonfly for the first time this season. It was warm and sunny and the little bugger zigzagged right around me before zipping across the path. To me these critters are full-blown summer fliers. It seems so early! I love to watch dragonflies. Their blue tails, their near gossamer-wings, long thin bodies are like little airplanes, like the first airplanes.

Spring is a time of invention. Pieces are coming together as we invent, or reinvent, our lives and ourselves. Spring here in the north feels especially fertile and strong after a long, deep winter. In these troubled times, confusion and loss, uncertainty and deprivation give way to a little hope.

Cold is over. New is now.

Things that might have bothered me in the past are now too expensive or too uninteresting to keep my attention. There are so many things that must be done. Now. First, survival. Then, success.

Shoo fly. Don't bother me. We got stuff to do.

The Blue Tail Fly

(Bruce Molsky, fiddle. LOVE THIS FIDDLER.)

1 Comments:

At May 06, 2009 12:16 PM, Blogger Blueberry said...

I love dragonflies! They are beautiful, AND they eat mosquitoes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home