Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Got Raisins?

Thanks to my sister and her brood, a pure delight landed in my email box Sunday night. It's a concoction called Snacktime by those loveable Canucks, the Barenaked Ladies. Thanks to my sister, my daughter and I can't stop singing this silly song called "Raisins."

Life has been getting a little loopy, and tonight my colleague and I got some very bad news about one of her favorite people. It's the latest smack upside the head reminding us that we are actually never in charge.

When life hands you sour grapes, leave 'em in the sun a couple days, and whistle.



Raisins

3 Comments:

At June 25, 2008 12:19 PM, Blogger DrDon said...

I can respect anyone who is a successful professional musician because I think it takes skill to remain viable but that being said, I hate the voice of the singer for Barenaked Ladies. I don't know what it is about that guy but his voice just grates on my nerves. It's very distinctive, I'll give him that. And Raisins is a good song title.

 
At June 25, 2008 8:41 PM, Blogger Mando Mama said...

Well I think they kinda take turns, so I'll assume you mean the Raisins guy.

Over dinner tonight my daughter was asking why the song was called "Raisins" if the word only appears once. Since I didn't have a good answer I just used yours.

You'd like the song:
"Raisins come from grapes
People come from apes
I come from Canada..."

 
At June 30, 2008 10:13 AM, Blogger Kelley Grant-Kelley said...

Oh, I love BNL! I'll have to look Snacktime up. I followed them even before they got big - talk about some odd and original music!
Ipsi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home