Saturday, December 29, 2007

Where Have I Been?

Why, need you ask??? After all, it's the HOLIDAYS! That's right! So of course I haven't blogged since Christmas, the last day I was able to put two salient, reflective moments together and form a coherent thought. I worked full days Wednesday and Thursday, had Christmas with my kids Thursday night, spent Friday getting ready for and going to my family's holiday gathering at my brother's while taking calls from my employer nagging me to, in all my spare time, run out and get a Blackberry (I call it a raspberry) because remote access to our email has been down. Then, today, after being out last night with the children until nearly 1 a.m., it was more chores while waiting for my children to finally wake up (vacuuming up cat litter at 10 a.m. in the upstairs bathroom finally rooted Son of Mando up) after which we picked up a couple more friends and spent the afternoon taking in the holiday show at the Cleveland Botanical Garden, followed by an extended playdate at my son's friend's house, which has now turned into a sleepover at MY house.

Because I'm insane.

Music for that? Of course! How 'bout this catchy, hot-cha-cha number from the King of My Mando World, Sam Bush? With a name like Bananas, it is my undeniable theme music for the evening. It's from his 2004 release, King of My World.

Getting me through days like this is knowing that Sam is joining a host of other fabulous musicians playing with the Soul Sax king, Bill Evans, at the Kent Stage on Jan. 26. We're planning a big sleepover at my house so pack your toothbrush and head on over to Northeast Ohio!

Back to the current sleepover...sweet dreams! Where did I put my glass of chardonnay...

5 Comments:

At December 30, 2007 6:53 PM, Blogger DrDon said...

Mando - Now I know why I don't have kids! I barely have the energy to take care of myself, let alone spend all that time with various kid-related activities. You need another holiday to get some time to relax.

BTW, I know it is not bluegrass but do you know the song "Solly's Beard" by Trevor Rabin of Yes? I love that song and was watching a performance of it on YouTube yesterday. Since you appreciate virtuoso musicianship, it something I think you'd like.

Get some downtime in before the workweek starts again!

 
At December 31, 2007 4:26 PM, Blogger Shameless Agitator said...

Happy New Year!

Love,
Shameless

 
At December 31, 2007 6:26 PM, Blogger Mando Mama said...

Happy New Year to you both!

We are surviving. Despite doing a real number on my neck/back, I got my booberry, managed to bake two pies to take to a party some friends are having tonight, wrapped a few stray presents, and even snuck in a little teeny nap today. So we are all ready to ring in the new year.

All the best for a Great 2008!

MM

 
At December 31, 2007 10:59 PM, Blogger Piepiepie said...

Hee--I love the picture of you. Speaking of which, the picture of the kids was fantastic. Son of Mando looks like he is growing into his old soul!

Happy New Year! :-)

 
At January 01, 2008 8:52 PM, Blogger Mando Mama said...

Hey!
Happy New Year, Piewoman. That photo turned out to be one of my all-time faves. I love the way Son looks with Daughter of Mando. Sort of like, "I'll always have your back, sis. Even if you do drive me insane now 97 percent of the time."

Y'all, we actually had a day during which, except for the kids' brief foray into the sudden tonnage of snow, we did not otherwise venture out! It was great. Still is. Not really back to work for me until Thursday so I hope to stretch the magic just a wee bit more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home