Sunday, December 23, 2007

Let's Get Together, It'll Feel Alright

It seems like I've been on schedule most of the week with various holiday preparations. Yet somehow, when I woke up this morning to driving if warm NE Ohio rain, I came up with a list of things to do that rivals any weekeday. I guess I'm going to do just a little baking after all, and just a tad more shopping before it's all over.

As I was listening to FolkAlley and writing up my grocery list, I was sideswiped by a great little Sam Bush tune, Bananas, which had me sort of dancing around with my coffee for a few minutes. But that was followed up by a tune from an old New Grass Revival release that really captures the sentiment of not only my last blog post but what the spirit of the season might sound like if it was spread the whole year through.

So as you are about to embark on your own busy day, take a listen to New Grass Revival's take on a popular Bob Marley tune, One Love/People Get Ready, from NGR's 1984 release, On the Boulevard. (Check out the 80s hair! Is it John Cowan, or is it Darryl Hall?) I'm just throwing out one of the verses. Remember to keep an open mind and an open heart as you get through the next few days.

One Love/People Get Ready

Let them all pass all their dirty remarks (one love!);
There is one question I'd really love to ask (one heart!):
Is there a place for the hopeless sinner,
Who has hurt all mankind just to save his own beliefs?

6 Comments:

At December 23, 2007 5:36 PM, Blogger DrDon said...

Just finished the rest of my wrapping. Now I can relax until the Holiday, console myself over another Browns choke, and watch a couple of movies. Hope you get all of your work done in time to do some of the same Mando.

 
At December 23, 2007 5:48 PM, Blogger Mando Mama said...

AH! Good work, Doc. I did finish some shopping and get a package together that has to go tomorrow, and buy ingredients for the two, just TWO, kinds of cookies I'm making. But now what remains to be seen is whether the kids' gifts will arrive from Amazon.com before they do on Thursday. It's not Christmas unless there's a little last-minute giftwrapping insanity, I guess! Bring on the eggnog! ....DAMN! I FORGOT TO GET BOURBON!

Mele Kaliki Maka or whatever the hell they say.

MM

 
At December 23, 2007 11:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You knew it had to happen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJDm0Rcawm8

 
At December 24, 2007 8:44 AM, Blogger Mando Mama said...

Holy Shiva! I didn't know W was working his way to the stage as well! Beautiful. Now if I can just get G and A to play well together...

 
At December 24, 2007 8:59 AM, Blogger Shameless Agitator said...

Mando, our busy day is already behind us as we coast out of the season of lights. I wish you smooth sailing and a peaceful heart.

Love,
Shameless

 
At December 24, 2007 9:08 AM, Blogger Mando Mama said...

Thanks. Yesterday I treated myself to a Christmas present -- a "Best Of" compilation of New Grass Revival. It was the perfect companion to the rest of my running around and to my at home holiday preparation and it sure breaks up the Christmas music nicely. I even picked up my mando once or twice.

Glad you are enjoying your quietude this year, it's a challenging time for y'all. You are all on my heart.

L,
MM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home