Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A Holiday Shopping Public Service Announcement For the Love of (the International) Bluegrass (Music Museum)

I'm not much of a shopper anymore, but the holidays have often had me over a barrel because I love to give. Over the years, however, as stuff begins to outlive its usefulness and we all have begun to see the world a little differently, many of the folks I normally exchange gifts with have gone to a new strategy of supporting organizations we all care about. For those of you not quite ready to make the break from shopping tradition, here's a little something you might enjoy.


Visit http://www.shopformuseums.com/ and you'll see what I mean. First of all, it's been vetted by one of my favorite organizations, the American Association of Museums. Second of all, think of how many cool museums are out there that could use a boost. And third, gosh darn it, you can get your shopping done AND support the International Bluegrass Music Museum!

This time of year, there is so much pressure to outdo last year in tidings, trimmings, and trinkets. If you're gonna spend your hard earned cash, why not make sure some of it is going toward something you believe in?

Tony Rice has your back with some perfect shopping music. Here from his 1983 release, Church Street Blues, is Gold Rush. Ready, set...support your favorite museums!





2 Comments:

At November 28, 2007 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great link! Thanks, MM. We need to get together very soon.

Love,

Shadow/J

 
At November 29, 2007 6:55 AM, Blogger Mando Mama said...

I was so excited to learn about this site. Like I NEED more encouragement to find a way to give museums my money.

I heard the Smithsonian is having it's first major public fund drive in its history, though, so there ya go. No one can pass up a buck when there's deferred maintenance on the line.

Cheers!

MM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home