Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Post Script Stuff

This morning when I got into work, I went through a mostly-defunct email account where I found a message that King Wilkie was touring this summer with Mary Chapin Carpenter. I set out on a mad hunt for where they were all to be playing this weekend, June 16, in Cleveland.

Not finding a thing, I grew continually frustrated, until I came across a CMT news item.

Mary Chapin Carpenter has cancelled her summer tour. While she was on the tour earlier in the year with a bad back, she was hospitalized for a pulmonary embolism -- a blood clot in the lungs. That's practically a death sentence. So she is rightfully spending the rest of the year pursuing a healthy recovery.

A perfectly healthy, young person can drop dead from a PE.

I also made an appointment today for a full physical -- blood work, lipids, EKG, the whole nine yards.

I couldn't find "My Heaven" on the Tube but this song speaks to the way many of us hold on to our stuff as addressed previously. I hope you like it. Think some healing thoughts for Mary Chapin while you're enjoying it.

2 Comments:

At June 14, 2007 2:36 PM, Blogger Blueberry said...

Oh damn. I am so sorry to hear that. I hope it's not fatal for her, but if not it's a very dangerous and serious condition. Thank you for the video. I listened to some more at the link too.

Easier to do now that we have a new cable modem (as of 10 minutes ago). Hope this one works better.

 
At June 14, 2007 3:47 PM, Blogger Mando Mama said...

It is really scary. And, it could be any of us.

She is such a talented, talented songwriter. Do you know the tune, "I Am the South"? Stunning.

Huzzah! You are wired! No coffee shop Netmaven are you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home