Saturday, November 05, 2005

Only Four Months, 16 Days!

Yesterday my son put on his Doyle Lawson and Quicksilver cd, their latest, You Gotta Dig A Little Deeper. Unbeknownst to me, and most certainly to his Dad with whom he stayed all last week, the kid had pretty much memorized every song.

But who can blame him? This is a band with a set of the most hardworking vocal chords I think I've yet heard in bluegrass. Although we'd miss Dolye's mean mando runs and the bands overall smooth delivery, every song on the album could be delivered a capella and leave the listener more than satisfied.

Don't believe me? Then join us in spectacular downtown Wadsworth, OH at O.J. Auditorium on April 22, 2006 and hear Doyle live!

We were dancing on the dinnertable when we came across this news while scouring www.doylelawson.com for tour dates in Northeast Ohio.

(Son of Mando watches as guitarist and vocalist Jamie Dailey signs his cd)

If you click on the headline for this post, you should be able to download Four Walls, one of our favorite cuts from the album. My son is eager for us to sing it in harmony. So, he gets it -- that this music belongs to everybody, at least anybody who wants to try. And I'm so glad it's a part of our experience as a family. Nothing could mean more to me than to share the experience of making music with my children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home