Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"What we have HEEyah is a FAILyah to communicate..."

What a freakin' mess. Just a mess.

For the first time in generations, our children will be worse off than we are.

Now that college loans will be harder to get, who do you suppose will be going to the "best" schools?

I suppose if I have to sell my house in four years to send my son to college, it won't be the worst thing that happens. Hell, at least I have something to sell at the moment, which is more than too many folks can say.

I hope Wall Street is happy. Even though intellectually I understand that something has to be done, it seems to me when you have to prop up the finance and auto industries that a little something is lost. Like, oh I don't know, our competitive edge, perhaps? We lost that a long time ago, but this is welfare for rich people. Wefare for people who should know better. Welfare for people who went to the best schools and who sent their kids to the best schools. Not the kind of welfare that statistically supports single mothers for an average of 6 months. We are all going to be paying for this, paying for a very long time, with our hard earned money that should have been spent on our families and in our communities. To quote just this once Senator McCain, "This is horseshit."

Tomorrow I'm going to Nashville. Maybe I shouldn't, but I'm going, because there might not be a next year. I'm going to skip Del McCoury's hosting the IBMA Awards Show and watch the Veep debate instead with my sister and her husband and eat apple pie, and then I'm going to spend three days surrounded by bluegrass people. As Blueberry has reminded me, at least we still have the music.

For now.

Moneyland

2 Comments:

At October 02, 2008 8:59 AM, Blogger DrDon said...

You want to be even more sick, download a copy of the bill and start actually reading it. Particularly start looking around page 298 or so. You'll then start seeing all the earmarks and additional tax breaks being given to folks like the televsion and motion picture industry, makers of wooden arrows, etc. NPR reported on this last night and I actually had to read it myself. Made me nauseous. In addition to the bailout money, and extra $100 billion in pork was added before senators would pass this piece of shit. Problem is we're damned if we do, damned if we don't.

Oh well, at least the two vice presidential boobs, er, candidates, should provide some comedy tonight. Neither can seem to stop inserting their feet in their mouths.

 
At October 02, 2008 10:03 AM, Blogger Mando Mama said...

Oh yes, I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to this evening. My sister actually sent me a photo of the apple pie she made, complete with a smiley face in the perfect crust. It is dubbed, "The Pie of Hope."

I have resisted looking at the bill but now that you mention it...

Then again, I don't want to lose my appetite.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home