Thursday, September 11, 2008

Panto-Meme

Oy maria, I've been tagged by Blueberry!


1. Where was I ten years ago?


In Sept. 1998, my son had just turned four. We had just moved to Suburban Hell, and Ohio was in the middle of Welfare Reform Insanity. I had begun to be confused about my marriage but I had a job I really loved as publications director for a human planning agency and I was deeply involved in the issues and having a great time professionally, so I wasn't paying attention. The work was wonderful but the commute sucked, especially once we moved down here. I ultimately quit the following year and consulted from home until my daughter was born in 2000.


2. What was on my ToDo list today?

Usually I don't make to-do lists. I have things that I mean to do for weeks and suddenly in a burst of enthusiasm they get done. I feel good if I go to bed with a clean-ish counter, and leave the office being able to see a little bit of my desk. Yesterday, I did take my car in for a routine oil change that was free, but I paid $112 for a diagnostic on an EVAP problem that eventually will lead to an $800 repair. That would not have been on my to-do list.


3. My favorite number.

Three. It's a magic number. If I meet a wonderful man we can adopt and vice versa, I'll change it to four.


4. Five places I've lived...


Wow, no place as cool as Blueberry -- I don't think I can even come up with five. Let's see:

1) Route 5/150 between Adena and Mt Pleasant, OH
2) Martins Ferry, OH
3) Granville, OH (college days)
4) Cleveland and Cleveland Heights, OH
5) Twinsburg

Wow, ok, technically, that's five!


5. Bad Habits.

Whoa, too many! Thinking for others. Procrastination. Shooting myself in the foot. Disorganization. Falling into internet research like it's a chocolate donut. Not getting enough sleep. Buying stuff because its on sale and I have a coupon, even if I already have three.


And lastly: tag five others -- As Blueberry writes: and if this is a second tag, ignore it unless you can list 5 MORE places (that's the one I can do), and MORE bad habits, and MORE stuff to do today. If you don't want to play, that's OK too. I, like, totally understand. ;-)

Ok, you five, I know, I know, but what the heck...
Shameless
Ipsissimus and her Pandora's Box
Boring Best
Confessions of a Yarn Slut
Shannon





2 Comments:

At September 13, 2008 8:59 PM, Blogger DrDon said...

Well, now I don't feel so bad about never having lived anywhere but Ohio!

 
At September 14, 2008 8:39 PM, Blogger Mando Mama said...

See, well there ya go. And, you've probably been more places. So, cheer up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home