Sunday, October 07, 2007

And now, we return to our regularly scheduled life...

It was a wonderful weekend at IBMA's World of Bluegrass FanFest. Late nights and long days, and I was on the wimpy end of the scale by far compared to those hearty bluegrass constituents who through the week stayed up later and later and picked longer and longer.

Lots of pictures and stories to share, thoughts to provoke, and new-to-me artists to gush about, and I'll get to that once I get my bearings. The sets were incredible, the Grand Master Fiddler Championship fairly mesmerizing, the workshops enlightening, the off-mainstage acts welcome break from the high-driving larger acts (you all have to check out Pete Wernick's Flexigrass gig, that was more fun than Christmas). In the meantime check out this list of IBMA 2007 Award Winners. Several of my top nominees made it to awardees.

It's never too early to plan....World of Bluegrass 2008 is scheduled for September 29-October 2, the Awards Show is October 2, and Fan Fest is October 3-5. Can't you hear me callin? There's no need to miss me when I'm gone.

5 Comments:

At October 08, 2007 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back!

Love,

Shadow/J

 
At October 08, 2007 1:09 PM, Blogger Blueberry said...

You might want to check out Eamon's blogs on IBMA. Start here with the 10/8 post, and then click the CMT Blog link.

 
At October 08, 2007 9:31 PM, Blogger Mando Mama said...

Oh that is great stuff, Eamon has captured it. this year I really did feel bad for not bringing an instrument, and am emboldened to make the Slow Jam happen next year come hell or high water (given climate change we can guess which it will be).

The kids are just amazing. I kept wanting to walk up to these kids and gush at them, "You know Zack whatsit and Britney can't do that, right?"

And the Greencards? Well, they took a good while to plug in, but when they got going, man, the crowd almost didn't know what to do with themselves. They were perfect.

 
At October 10, 2007 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I assume that you've heard that Tim O'B is playing the Kent festival thingie...

 
At October 10, 2007 8:03 PM, Blogger Mando Mama said...

OH yes...

NOV 11 -- a special day indeed, and what better way to celebrate my 12th 30th birthday.

Kent Stage hosts Tim O'Brien AND Mountain Heart. Adam Steffey and Tim Obrien in one night--my mando head will plain just bust open.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home