Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Study War No More

Tonight I hung out with myself and took in the Ollabelle show at Nighttown. The evening overall was a bit of a pleasant surprise, with a packed house, not too too much of an idea of what to expect, and the company of good strangers.


I hadn't heard Ollabelle live before. This is a passionate and very talented bunch of young musicians. You can sample a number of their tunes on their MySpace page here.

They ended their first set with this old tune from their latest release, Riverside Battle Songs, taking the entire performance to a new level. I found Riverside a really timely song for a number of reasons, none of which I'm going to talk about here, of course. I'll merely say I send it out to all my good friends and special family.

See you down by the riverside someday soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home