Saturday, April 21, 2007

Can You Hear Me Now?

No no, I don't need you to call my mobile phone. That's the name of the Tom T. and Dixie Hall song that Doyle Lawson and Jamie Daley recorded on the new Doyle Lawson and Quicksilver recording, More Behind the Picture than the Wall.


We hadn't yet acquired the recording when Jamie and Doyle sang this tune tonight at their Wadsworth, OH show. It's just about the last track on the album, and sounds darn near like anything the Carter Family might have done.


It was a fun time, even though my little girl couldn't quite get the nerve up to tell Jamie that she loves to sing Four Walls while he signed my son's copy of the new cd. Then again, neither could I. Maybe next time I'll have the nerve to tell him I'm ok with the fact that his voice is higher than both mine and A's.


Enjoy your evening with one called Can You Hear Me Now?

6 Comments:

At April 22, 2007 1:35 PM, Blogger Michael Bains said...

Awww... :) It's funny how we can get so shy 'round celebrities, ain't it.

Case you've not seen it, Blueberry has a very cool (IMO) Nickle Creek video posted. I've been totally technoing out lately, but for little bluegrass and country breaks. That one's givin' me lots o' break time.

Happy Slow Sunday Lady M!

 
At April 22, 2007 1:36 PM, Blogger Michael Bains said...

Nickel, Nickle... lol! whatevah! lol!

 
At April 22, 2007 7:04 PM, Blogger Mando Mama said...

LOL! S'ok! When Nickel Creek first came out one of my friends kept confusing them with Nickleback...totally different, eh!?

Thanks for the tip, I will check out the Oasis. Nickel creek is coming to Cain Park in July...I think the kids and I will have to pack a picnic!

 
At April 23, 2007 9:58 AM, Blogger Women on the Verge said...

I'm going to definitely check it out. Thanks for the tip!!

E

 
At April 23, 2007 5:30 PM, Blogger Mando Mama said...

Hellloooo E! Is everyone finally well???
That is an awesome vid of NC over at Blueberry's. It's an interesting juxtaposition, that young Chris Thile and then Doyle, the great, great....great? Mandogranddaddy? ;-)

 
At April 24, 2007 7:16 AM, Blogger Women on the Verge said...

We're finally all doing well. We had a domino effect working for the last month ending with me getting a whopping case of the flu . I've spent the last few weeks feeling like I was swimming in jello with concrete boots!!

Great vid!!!!!!!!!!!!

E

 

Post a Comment

<< Home