Sunday, October 01, 2006

I've Been Musically Adjusted

Ahhh. Well readers, I'm back, and actually for the first time, glad to be here in Ohio.

It was a marvelous weekend in Nashville at the International Bluegrass Music Association's Fan Fest, but it's even nicer to come home and see that today is a new record of 155 hits to this blog from all over the world, from folks looking up lyrics or information about a song or performer.

I do want to tip my hat (ok, I don't actually wear a hat because my head's pretty small so it looks funny) to all the readers in Europe, especially the UK and the Netherlands, and who from elsewhere are trolling the Web for bluegrass information. Welcome! And please take a moment when you visit to talk about the scene in your world, what instrument you play, what the hot bands are where you are. It was a real pleasure to meet a number of fans this weekend from halfway around the world or more. American fans can and should try to get across the pond to see what is happening over there in the other World of Bluegrass.

On the way home, I met a gentleman who plays dobro and who in the Northeast Ohio "bluegrass heyday" played frequently locally and also with bands nationally. I wonder what happened to that scene around here. Folks like Paul Kovachs and One Way Rider and a few others are trying to hold it up with one hand, it seems. Is there a way to get that back?

I guess what I mean is, it's nice to be in Nashville with like a thousand other pickers and all that, but for now, I live here, and it's my suspicion that there might be a few folks around Northeast Ohio who have dusty banjos or dobros or who knows what else hiding in their musical closets. Time to bring it all out, y'all!

Yeah, anyway, watch this space for a whole lotta bluegrass something. And you Netherlanders, write to me! Write an article, or drop me a line at jenluvstrad@gmail.com.

Lost Bob and the Ozone City Ramblers. Who were they? (Thanks to Captain Kidd for reminding me of this band's name.)

1 Comments:

At August 18, 2015 7:15 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

I am a Lost Bob and the Ozones fan! I cannot wait to see their reunion concert this Sunday, August 23,2015 at the Beachland ballroom.
Tickets available online. Show starts at 7pm. It will be amazing! If you love Bluegrass come on down!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home