Saturday, September 09, 2006

I've Been Tagged--or is that, Bookmarked?!

Off topic? Who cares. The Atheist Mama tagged me so here goes:

A book that changed my life:
Unweaving the Rainbow, by Richard Dawkins, gifted to me by My Boring Best. It really upended my perspective on almost every assumption I was clinging to. It forced me to make some really tough choices.

A book I’ve read more than once:
Owning Your Own Shadow by Robert Johnson. If it weren’t for this book, I’d have been put quietly away by now, and I’m not kidding.

A book I would take with me if I were stuck on a desert island:
Anything by Robert Johnson or Pema Chodron

A book that made me laugh:
A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson, The Wisdom of No Escape by Pema Chodron.

A book that made me cry:
The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. Hauntingly beautiful. It made me realize I really do NOT want to hang around after I’m gone.

A book that I wish had been written [sic: or maybe will be]:
My Days as A Rainbow Community Humanitarian Cuddle-Puddle Hippie Mama, by Ann Coulter.
Gosh Darn It, I WAS Wrong, and I'm Really Sorry by Donald Rumsfeld

A book that I wish had never been written:
Anything by Ann Coulter. I really hate that bitch. (Ok, then again, if she didn't get her whiny conservative tripe published, we'd never know just how effing crazy she really is.)

A book I’ve been meaning to read:
There are always about a dozen on my list, but I just added Conservatives Without Conscience by John W. Dean. If Dean can make the Common Dreams web site as a contributor, there's hope.

I’m currently reading:
The EarthSea Quartet, by Ursula K. LeGuin. Me and my Catholic writer fetish. And, time to get back to myth for this old crone.
Bluegrass Breakdown by Robert Cantwell. How to make bluegrass excruciatingly pedantic.
End of Faith by Sam Harris. Truly brilliant. I started to read it and turned it in at the library…so my lesson has been suspended. Time for my own copy. Borders, anyone?

Blogs I’m Tagging:
Grand Unification Theory
DarkNeuro
The Shameless Agitator

Assault on Reason (Don, I know you love your book lists!)
Little Black Cube (Cube's book lists rock.)

One thing I must say: I cannot listen to Bluegrass and read. I've tried, and I just can't do it. Either I want to play along or move around, so if I have music along when I read, which anymore is rare, it's usually classical, the earlier the period the better. Just sayin'.

So what's your good read?

2 Comments:

At September 11, 2006 11:44 AM, Blogger DrDon said...

As you said, I love the book lists. I'm still not sure what tagging is but I take it as a compliment.

 
At September 12, 2006 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really need to read Unweaving the Rainbow. I think I'll add it to the pile of books that I look at every day. :-)
LMAO at the Ann Coulter *wish*!! Tooooo funny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home