Friday, August 11, 2006

Girl Friday Returns for Fan Fest Count Down

If I can survive the start of school in just under two weeks, then I get to rev up for the real fun of fall (next to watching people eat my pumpkin pie): IBMA's 2006 World of Bluegrass and Fan Fest in Nashville. My son and I will only be heading down for the weekend Fan Fest, but the lionhearted will arrive September 25 for a week of workshops, networking, music making, and collaboration, all in support of bluegrass music worldwide.

I'm excited to have the opportunity to hear a terrific number of fabulous female bluegrass performers, some I'll enjoy for the first time, when FanFest opens. Some of that lineup includes:

Molly Kate and Cia Cherryholmes
Rhonda Vincent & The Rage
Lily Isaacs
Claire Lynch
Alecia Nugent
3 Fox Drive
Ginny Hawker & Tracy Schwarz with Debbi Kauffmann
Harmonious Wail
Martha Scanlan
Suzanne & Jim
The Ebony Hillbillies
Tripping Lily
The Wilders & Susan Kevra


Fan Fest tickets are on sale now -- today is the early bird deadline but for three days of music it's a bargain that's hard to beat! There's still plenty of lodging, maybe even downtown! Won't you come, too?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home