Tuesday, September 04, 2007

These Rhondas Are The Real Rage

One of the highlights of my freakishly busy weekend was being able to catch The Rhondas at Taste of Hudson on Sunday. These local women know how to work their talent, sharing their subtle playing and honey-rich voices with an easy stage presence that flows from tune to tune.


Band members Jen Mauer (guitar, accordion), Laurie Howard (guitar, percussion, banjo) and Sarah Rolan (bass) all take turns on lead vocals and support each other beautifully when it comes down to their rich harmonies.

And what stunning good luck!! The Rhondas will be opening up for The Duhks this Friday night at The Kent Stage!!! That's a lineup for enormous musical fun if ever I've seen one. We'll be celebrating the Teenhood of Son of Mando, so come on out and say howdy and catch a great show. For a sampling of The Rhondas, check out their myspace page .

4 Comments:

At September 05, 2007 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I missed the Rhondas, but I had a great time with you and L.S. this past weekend.

Love you both!

Shadow/J

 
At September 05, 2007 5:31 PM, Blogger Mando Mama said...

Hello you! I'm sorry I didn't follow up on my evening adventure, but I sure am glad I hung out with you before school takes over your life! Thank your mom again for coming up, she was a trooper in that damn heat.

Lovenpeace,
MM

 
At September 06, 2007 4:08 PM, Blogger DrDon said...

I think I'd like them better if they were still called "Poon Twang."

 
At September 06, 2007 5:53 PM, Blogger Mando Mama said...

Hey Don,
You are not alone! At one show I went to, they had a little contest to rename themselves. "Poon Twang" was my personal favorite, but nevertheless, I've gotten used to the Rhondas. What the heck, they sound good no matter what they're called! Thanks for squawkin'! -- MM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home