Monday, April 24, 2006

Capo, my Capo

I just had to share that I love my Capo.

When you have a Capo, you can do ANYTHING, so much easier.

Like tonight, when I popped in Ricky Scaggs and Kentucky Thunder's 2004 release, Brand New Strings. It's just chock full of great songs, and one favorite of mine is If I Had It All Again To Do.

But when I got there, and fuddled around, I kept saying, "What the hell key is this in?"

Then, I remembered Captain Capo in my guitar case!

Voila! There I was, finding familiar chords just two frets up the block and strumming right along.

I don't know if that's cheating, because I see professionals pop capos on all the time. So it's not really cheating, is it? Please say no...please. I had so much fun...don't ruin it!

7 Comments:

At April 24, 2006 11:27 PM, Blogger Darkneuro said...

Not cheating. Very few individuals have perfect pitch, so you use what you got. You got a capo, you use it. Right tool for the job, you see :)

 
At April 25, 2006 6:04 AM, Blogger Mando Mama said...

LOL! Exactly...not so much is it a pitch issue maybe as, "Dear Lord, not a B key of any kind..."
;-)

 
At April 25, 2006 6:20 AM, Blogger My Boring Best said...

Cheater, cheater, pumpkin eater!!!

>:-)

 
At April 25, 2006 6:34 AM, Blogger littleblackcube said...

I'm going to have to go with darkneuro on this one, it's all about having the right tool for the job and a capo is just one of many tools in the arsenal. And even if it was cheating, it can't be bad if it was so much fun. Makes me want to dust off the old guitar and see what happens.

 
At April 25, 2006 6:55 AM, Blogger My Boring Best said...

CHEATERS!!!

(...I have no idea of whether or not I consider this to be "cheating." I just like getting you all riled up.)

>:-)

 
At April 25, 2006 6:58 AM, Blogger Mando Mama said...

LOL, Jim...

LBC, it's my only hope that people are thinking what you're thinking! ("Where's that damn capo? Wait, do I have a guitar? I DO have a guitar! Why don't I play it?!") And you can get it a new lighter-weight case so you can strap it on when you hit the road (not trying to add to that covet list but I do love my lightweight hard case).

 
At April 25, 2006 7:05 AM, Blogger Mando Mama said...

Damn, Jim, I can't even clean up the coffee I snorted out the first time and you're BACK. I don't think you'll be able to top your first comment, though. And suddenly I have this hankerin for pie.

Meanwhile I'm adopting "the right tool for the right job" as my new mantra! It's delightfully transferable to any situation.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home