Monday, April 24, 2006

Capo, my Capo

I just had to share that I love my Capo.

When you have a Capo, you can do ANYTHING, so much easier.

Like tonight, when I popped in Ricky Scaggs and Kentucky Thunder's 2004 release, Brand New Strings. It's just chock full of great songs, and one favorite of mine is If I Had It All Again To Do.

But when I got there, and fuddled around, I kept saying, "What the hell key is this in?"

Then, I remembered Captain Capo in my guitar case!

Voila! There I was, finding familiar chords just two frets up the block and strumming right along.

I don't know if that's cheating, because I see professionals pop capos on all the time. So it's not really cheating, is it? Please say no...please. I had so much fun...don't ruin it!

6 Comments:

At April 24, 2006 11:27 PM, Blogger Darkneuro said...

Not cheating. Very few individuals have perfect pitch, so you use what you got. You got a capo, you use it. Right tool for the job, you see :)

 
At April 25, 2006 6:04 AM, Blogger Mando Mama said...

LOL! Exactly...not so much is it a pitch issue maybe as, "Dear Lord, not a B key of any kind..."
;-)

 
At April 25, 2006 6:20 AM, Blogger My Boring Best said...

Cheater, cheater, pumpkin eater!!!

>:-)

 
At April 25, 2006 6:55 AM, Blogger My Boring Best said...

CHEATERS!!!

(...I have no idea of whether or not I consider this to be "cheating." I just like getting you all riled up.)

>:-)

 
At April 25, 2006 6:58 AM, Blogger Mando Mama said...

LOL, Jim...

LBC, it's my only hope that people are thinking what you're thinking! ("Where's that damn capo? Wait, do I have a guitar? I DO have a guitar! Why don't I play it?!") And you can get it a new lighter-weight case so you can strap it on when you hit the road (not trying to add to that covet list but I do love my lightweight hard case).

 
At April 25, 2006 7:05 AM, Blogger Mando Mama said...

Damn, Jim, I can't even clean up the coffee I snorted out the first time and you're BACK. I don't think you'll be able to top your first comment, though. And suddenly I have this hankerin for pie.

Meanwhile I'm adopting "the right tool for the right job" as my new mantra! It's delightfully transferable to any situation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home